15.-16.9. 2023 Workshop 'Rule of Law and Rechtstaat under Pressure', University of Warsaw, Poland
Etienne Hanelt and Attila Vincze - 'A Hybrid Judiciary in a Hybrid Regime: A Case Study on Hungary'
3.-6.9. 2023 UACES 2023 Annual Conference, Queen's University Belfast, United Kingdom
Lukáš Hamřík - 'Judicial Leadership at the CJEU'
Lukáš Hamřík - session chair 'Challenging or Upholding the Rule of Law?'
8.-12.7. 2023 Conference 'Constitutional Heroines', Queenstown, New Zealand.
David Kosař and Katarína Šipulová - 'Czech Constitutional Heroines'
3.-5.7. 2023 Conference ICON-S, Wellington, New Zealand.
David Kosař - 'Court-Hoarding'
Katarína Šipulová - 'Unpacking the courts'
David Kosař - participation in an Interest Group 'Separation of Powers'
Katarína Šipulová - participation in an Interest Group 'Informal Institutions'
Katarína Šipulová and David Kosař - participation in a panel 'Multi-Textual Constitutions in the World'
2. 7. 2023 Workshop 'The Chief Justices in Comparative Perspective', Wellington, New Zealand.
David Kosař - workshop director with Rosalind Dixon
David Kosař and Katarína Šipulová - 'Chief Justices in Central Europe'
15.-16. 6. 2023 Workshop 'Heads and Tails: Admissibility and Remedies at the European Court of Human Rights', Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
Mathieu Leloup - 'The duty to exhaust non-independent apex courts as effective remedies before the European Court of Human Rights'
15. 6. 2023 Workshop 'Empirical Legal Studies'. Analytical Center of the Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic. Bratislava, Slovakia.
Katarína Šipulová and Lukáš Hamřík - presentation of an ongoing research on 'The position of Court Presidents in judicial (self-)governance'
2. 6. 2023 Conference '(Un)doing Judicial Independence: Actor's strategies, institutions, and outcomes'. Institut d'études européennes de l'Université libre de Bruxelles. Brussels. Belgium.
Katarína Šipulová and David Kosař - 'Judges as Agents of Change: Un(Doing)Judicial Independence in Czechia and Slovakia'
Katarína Šipulová - discussant of contribution of Vania Alvares 'Judges associations and judicial independence: ASJP and the Portuguese case'
1.-4. 6. 2023 Conference 'Annual Meeting on Law and Society'. The Law and Society Association. San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Lukáš Hamřík - participation in 'Early Career Workshop'
25.-26. 5. 2023 Conference JAR-Association 'Innovation in Judicial Systems: Human, Cyber and Beoynd'. School of Law, University Rome Tre, Rome, Italy.
Katarína Šipulová - panel convenor 'Judicial Councils Revisited'
Katarína Šipulová and David Kosař - 'Judicial Councils as a Fourth Branch Institutions'
David Kosař - panel discussion 'Chief Judges and Chief Justices: Appointment, Role, Functions, Accountability, and Countries Peculiarities'
24. 5. 2023. Conference 'Co nám patří a co ne: 20 let NSS' ['What does belong to us and what does not: 20 years of the Supreme Administrative Court']. Supreme Administrative Court, Brno. Czechia.
David Kosař - keynote speech 'Co nám patří a co ne v "koncertu soudních velmocí" (NS, NSS, ÚS, SDEU, ESLP)?' ['What does belong to us and what does not in the "concert of great powers of judiciary" (Supreme Court, Supreme Administrative Court, Constitutional Court, Court of Justice of the European Union, European Court of Human Rights)?']
25.-28. 4. 2023. Workshop 'Joint Sessions of Workshops', ECPR, Sciences Po Toulouse, France.
Katarína Šipulová - together with Øyvindem Stiansenem directing a workshop 'Judicial Resilience and Democratic Decay'
- discussant of contribution of Arnisa Tepelija 'Was it though created in Her own image? Constituting judicial independence through Europeanization in Albania'
- discussant of contribution of Leonardo Puleo 'Judges against the government. Towards a typology of non-partisan opposition and resistance'
- 'Conceptualising Judicial Resilience'
Samuel Spáč - discussant of contribution of Igor Logvinenko 'Norms and Procedures: Courts and Democratic Backsliding in the United States'
- discussant of contribution of Teodory Miljojkovic 'Irremovability of Judges - An Obstacle to the Judicial Resilience-Building?'
- 'Capacity and willingness of Slovak judges to withstand attacks on the judiciary and protect democracy'
David Kosař - discussant of contribution of Yulia Khalikova 'The power and the limits of international law under authoritarianism: Evidence from a survey experiment'
- discussant of contribution of Lydia Tiede 'Judicial Tenacity in the Shadow of Backsliding'
David Kosař and Katarína Šipulová - 'Informal Judicial Institutions and Democratic Decay'
18.-19. 4. 2023 Workshop 'Judging and the Judiciary', Murray Edwards College, University of Cambridge, UK.
David Kosař and Katarína Šipulová - 'Court Presidents, Informality and Power'
David Kosař - discussant of contribution of Cristina Dallara, Carlo Guarnieri, and Patrizia Pederzoli 'Judicial policy-making and independence in continental Europe'
Katarína Šipulová - discussant of contribution of Matyas Bencze 'Judicial Populism'
3.-4. 4. 2023 'Defending Judicial Independence Through EU Judicial Remedies and the ECtHR', The CEELI Institute, Prague, Czechia.
David Kosař - discussion on a topic 'Key developments in the case-law of the ECtHR since Ástráðsson (application no. 26374/18)'
David Kosař - discussion on a topic 'Advantages and shortcomings of defending judicial independence via EU judicial remedies and applications to the ECtHR'
16.-17. 3. 2023 Workshop 'Transition 2.0'. Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public and International Law. Heidelberg, Germany.
Katarína Šipulová and David Kosař - 'Comparative court-packing'
02. 02. 2023 Conference 'A jogi érvelés és alternatívái' [Legal Reasoning and its Alternatives], Győr, Hungary.
Attila Vincze - 'A jogrendszer zártsága és az alkotmányos konvenciók' [Unity of the Legal System and the Constitutional Conventions]
16.-17. 12. 2022 Conference 'A Research Symposium Authoritarian Populism Courts, and Democratic Erosion', Occidental College, Los Angeles, California, USA.
David Kosař - 'Comparative Court-Packing'
Katarína Šipulová - 'Judicial Resistance and Democratic Decay'
14. 11. 2022. Lecture 'Rosa Parks Memorial', Common Law Society, Faculty of Law - Charles University, Prague, Czechia.
David Kosař - 'Právo na nezávislý soud ‘under pressure‘ ' [The right to an independent court 'under pressure']
17. 10. 2022 Conference 'The Systemic and the Particular in European Law', Leuven, Belgium.
Mathieu Leloup - 'The Systemic Criterion in the Field of the Right to a Fair Trial and Judicial Independence'
5.-8. 9. 2022 'UACES Annual Conference 2022', Lille, France.
Lukáš Hamřík - 'The Personalization of Politics in Council of the European Union and the European Council'
1. 9. 2022. Workshop 'Constitutional Conventions', Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. (Virtual presence)
David Kosař and Attila Vincze - 'Conceptualization of Constitutional Conventions in Central Europe: When Four Are Doing the Same It is Not the Same'
22.-26. 8. 2022 'ECPR General Conference', University of Innsbruck, Austria.
Samuel Spáč - 'Resisting Democratic Backsliding: Tentative Lessons from Slovakia' (co-author Darina Malova)
Katarína Šipulová - 'Triple understanding of judicial councils' (co-author David Kosař)
Katarína Šipulová - 'The Supranational Protection of Democracy and Rule of Law in Europe'
13.-16.7. 2022 Global Meeting on Law & Society 'Rage, Reckoning, & Remedy', Lisbon, Portugal.
David Kosař - 'Court-packing, Judicial Resistance Strategies and Democratic Decay'
Etienne Hanelt and Katarína Šipulová
David Kosař and Marína Urbániková - 'Explaining Vertical Gender Segregation in the Czech Judiciary'
4.-6. 7. 2022 ICON-S Annual Conference on 'Global Problems and Prospects in Public Law', Wrocław, Poland.
Lukáš Hamřík - 'Judicial Leadership and Judicial Governance: The Meta-roles of Court Presidents' (co-authored with Katarína Šipulová)
David Kosař - co-organized a meeting 'Separation of Powers interest group' and online meeting 'Informal Judicial Institutions interest group'
Samuel Spáč - 'Judicial Independence in Developing Democracies: A Theoretical Framework'
Katarína Šipulová - co-organized an online meeting 'Informal Judicial Institutions interest group'
10. 6. 2022 Ceremonial conference '20 years of the establishment of the Judicial Council of the Slovak Republic', Bratislava, Slovakia.
Katarína Šipulová and Samuel Spáč - 'Soudní rada v systému dělby moci' [Judicial Council in the system of separation of powers]
8.–10. 6. 2022 Conference 'Biennial Conference of the ECPR Standing Group on the European Union', Rome, Italy.
Katarína Šipulová - 'Rule of Law Under Pressure: How is Judicial Resilience Created?'
13. 5. 2022. Conference 'Aktuelle Fragen zur Justiz und Justizreform' [Current issues concerning the judiciary and judicial reform], Universität Wien, Vienna, Austria.
David Kosař - 'Selection of Judges and Prosecutors in Europe: Empirical findings'
10. 5. 2022. TRIIAL Final Conference 'Challenges to judicial independence and rule of law in the European Union', Maastricht University Campus Brussel, Faculty of Law, Brussels, Belgium.
David Kosař - panelist at the Round table 'Independence, Impartiality & Accountability of Judges – Future Challenges'
6. 5. 2022. 27th Maiforum 'Die Verwaltungsgerichte im Spannungsfeld zwischen Unabhängigkeit und Effizienz' [Independence, Efficiency and Responsibilities], Klagenfurt, Austria.
David Kosař - keynote lecture 'Strukturelle Unabhängigkeit - Europäische Standards der Gerichtsorganisation' [Structural Independence - European Standards of Court Organization]
5. 5. 2022 Sjezd českých právníků 'Právníci – odpovědnost nejenom profesní, ale i společenská, a institucionální pojistky jejich nezávislosti' [Lawyers - not only professional but also social responsibility and institutional safeguards for their independence,], Jednota českých právníků, Prague, Czechia.
David Kosař - copresentation 'Odpovědnost soudců' [Responsibility of Judges]
26.-27. 4. 2022 Conference 'European Constitutionalism and the Virus of Distrust', Charles University, Prague, Czechia.
Presenter of the panels:
David Kosař - 'Normalization of illiberal democracy' and 'Legitimacy and European Union'
22. 4. 2022 Workshop 'The Constitutional Dynamics of Multi-Level Governance', University of Antwerp, Belgium.
Attila Vincze - 'Hungary: from Friend to a Foe?'
4. 3. 2022 Workshop 'Česká ústavní imaginace a její místo v Evropě' [The Czech constitutional imagination and its place in Europe], Prague, Czechia. (Virtual presence)
Katarína Šipulová - 'Jak ústavní soudy ovlivňují tranzitivní narativ' [How constitutional courts influence the transitive narrative]
21. 2. 2022. Workshop 'Constitutional Conventions', Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. (Virtual presence)
David Kosař - discussant of the contribution 'Session of Comparative Perspectives on Conventions'
25. 11. 2021 Conference 'Separation of Powers', Masaryk University and Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung. (Virtual presence)
Katarína Šipulová - 'Čtvrtá moc a nezávislost soudnictví (Tři pohledy na správu soudnictví v kontextu dělby moci)' [The Fourth Estate and Judicial Independence (Three Perspectives on Judicial Administration in the Context of Separation of Powers)]
David Kosař - 'Vliv judikatury ESLP na vnitrostátní dělbu moci' [Impact of ECtHR case law on the national separation of powers]
30. 8.–3. 9. 2021 ECPR General Conference, Panel 'Judicial dialogue among inter- and supranational courts'. (Virtual presence)
Madalina Moraru and Galina Cornelisse - 'European Courts and judicial dialogue disentangling the refugee crisis: What scope for asylum seekers, refugees and irregular migrants’ rights?'
6.-9. 7. 2021 ICON-S Mundo conference. (Virtual presence)
David Kosař - 'Theorizing Judicial Councils as Fourth Branch Institutions: The Best Defence Against Capture?'
Katarína Šipulová - 'Triple Understanding of Judicial Councils'
Jan Petrov - 'Is Resistance Futile? Countering Democratic Decay the Judicial Way'
Ondřej Kadlec - 'Grand Chambers: A Conceptual Analysis'
17.-18. 6. 2021 Workshop 'Accountability and Freedom of Expression of Magistrates and Attorneys in Europe', Centre for Judicial Cooperation EUI. (Virtual presence)
David Kosař - 'The Heterogeneous Systems of Accountability of Magistrates in Europe: Accountability to Whom, For What and in Which Way?'
Madalina Moraru - 'Presentation of the E-learning Materials on Accountability of Magistrates and Attorneys'
21.-22. 4. 2021 JUDI-ARCH Final Conference 'Changing the Architecture of Separation of Powers without an Architect'. (Virtual presence)
David Kosař - 'Judicial Councils: Loudspeakers of Judges or Fourth Branch Institutions?'
Katarína Šipulová - 'Reconceptualizing court-packing: The Riddle of (il)Legitimacy'
Nino Tsereteli - 'Elites' Perspectives on Moderate Judicial Councils (France and Poland)'
Adam Blisa a Samuel Spáč - 'The Councils Are All Right: Perceptions of Judicial Self-Governance in Italy and Slovakia'
Jan Petrov - 'Judicial Selfgovernance without a Judicial Council: Germany and the Czech Republic'
3.-4. 12. 2020 Workshop 'Migration and EU Borders', Maastricht Centre for European Law. (Virtual presence)
Madalina Moraru - 'Judicial Dialogue on the Return Directive: A case of incremental constitutionalisation in the field of irregular migration'
17. 12. 2020 Seminar 'Internally Displaced Persons and International Refugee Law', Interdisciplinary Migratoin Research Seminar, Danube University Krems.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - keynote speech
30. 11. 2020 Workshop 'Compliance with the ECtHR Judgments', Council of Europe.
David Kosař - 'The State of Compliance Research with Respect to ECtHR Judgments'
4. 11. 2020 Conference '70 years of the European Convention on Human Rights: A Celebration', Goldsmiths University of London.
Jan Petrov - '‘A ravening monster’, ‘straitjacket’, and ‘European circus’: The ECtHR in the eyes of populist leaders'
23. 10. 2020 Conference 'V4 Human Rights Conference on democracy, rule of law and human rights in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia', Czech Centre for Human Rights and Democracy.
David Kosař - Keynote speech 'Recent Challenges to Judicial Independence in Central and Eastern Europe'
Katarína Šipulová - 'Self-governance without Judicial Council? Building judicial independence in Czechia'
17.-19. 9. 2020 Conference 'Safe Zones and International Law', Third Conference of the German Network of Forced Migration Researchers.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - a roundtable on 'A Safe Zone for Displaced Populations in Northern Syria: Interdisciplinary Perspectives'
7.-11. 9. 2020 UACES Virtual Conference 2020, University Association for Contemporary European Studies.
Lukáš Hamřík (co-authored with Petr Kaniok) - 'The Personalization of Politics in the European Parliament'
Hubert Smekal (co-authored with Sebastiaan Princen and Robert Zbíral) - 'Patterns of Differentiated Implementation in EU Legislation'
24.-28. 8. 2020 ECPR General Conference. (Virtual presence)
Katarína Šipulová co-organized (with Daniel Naurin, PluriCourts) the Law and Courts Section, containing 11 individual panels addressing domestic and international courts and politics.
Katarína Šipulová - 'Informal Institutions and Judicial Independence'
David Kosař - 'The Family Friendliness That Wasn't - Women in the Czech Judiciary'
Madalina Moraru - 'The Role(s) of the CJEU in Framing Migrants’ Rights: Has the Political Crisis on Asylum Re-Shaped its Approach?'
30. 6. 2020 Webinar 'Global Legislative Responses to Coronavirus', British Institute of International and Comparative Law.
Jan Petrov - 'The COVID-19 emergency in the age of executive aggrandizement'
11. 6. 2020 Conference 'Integrating Diversity in the European Union', Online Mid-term Conference.
Hubert Smekal (co-authored with Sebastiaan Princen and Robert Zbíral) - 'Mapping the scope for flexible implementation in EU legislative acts'
24. 3. 2020 Conference 'Rule of Law and Populism', Dublin Law and Politics Review Digital Conference, Dublin City University.
Jan Petrov - 'Supranational Guardians of the Rule of Law? European Court v. Populist Judicial Reforms'
14. 2. 2020 Conference 'Triial – Trust, Independence, Impartiality and Accountability of Judges and Arbitrators Safeguarding the Rule of Law under the Eu Charter Kick-off Meeting', Florence, Italy.
David Kosař - CJC distinguished lecture 'Rise and Fall of Judicial Self-Governance'
18. 1. 2020 Workshop 'Rule of Law and Illiberal Democracy', Budapest, Hungary.
Katarína Šipulová - 'EU's response to current crises in Hungary, Poland and Romania, and the effect of the paradigmatical shift from the democratic to the rule of law backsliding'
6. 1. 2020 Conference 'Courts, Diversity, and the Politics of Jurisdiction', Tel Aviv, Izrael.
David Kosař - 'The Family Friendliness That Wasn’t – Women in the Czech Judiciary'
28. 11. 2019 Conference 'Judicial Independence', Brno, Czechia.
David Kosař and Katarína Šipulová - 'Court-packing aneb jsou reformy směřující ke změně složení soudu vždy protiústavní?' [Court-packing]
Samuel Spáč - 'Nezávislost soudnictví na Slovensku – hrozby zevnitř i zvenčí' [Judicial Independence in Slovakia]
24.-25. 10. 2019 Konference 'From Tampere 20 to Tampere 2.0', Helsinki, Finland.
Madalina Moraru - 'Challenges and solutions of the EU migration and asylum policies'
16.-18. 9. 2019 Workshop 'Law in Context', Oxford, UK. (JUDI-ARCH)
Jan Petrov - 'Populism and de-judicialization of politics?'
4.-7. 9. 2019 ECPR General Conference, University of Wrocław, Wroclaw, Poland. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař and Katarína Šipulová - 'Judicial Authority Under Pressure: Politicisation and Backlash Against Courts in the Age of Populism'
Nino Tsereteli and Hubert Smekal - 'Explaining Conflicting Tendencies of Politicisation and Judicialisation: The Case of the ECtHR'
Samuel Spáč - 'Selecting Court Presidents in Slovakia, 2011–2017'
10.-14. 8. 2019 8th Junior Faculty Forum, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - 'Safe Zones as Humanitarian Intervention'
24.-25. 7. 2019 Workshop 'Oxford Handbook of International Refugee Law', Oxford, UK.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - 'The Internal Protection Alternative'
25.-29. 6. 2019 16th IMISCOE Annual Conference 'Understanding International Migration in the 21st Century: Conceptual and Methodological Approaches', Malmö University, Malmö, Schweden.
Madalina Moraru - 'The impact of the migration crisis on the European supranational courts' jurisprudence and discourse'
11.-13. 6. 2019 Conference 'The State Capture', University of Oxford, Oxford, UK. (JUDI-ARCH)
Katarína Šipulová - 'The Problems of JSG Models in Czechia and Slovakia'
3.-5. 6. 2019 4th annual conference of the Refugee Law Initiative, London, UK.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - 'Safe Zones at the Refugee Law Initiative'
Madalina Moraru - 'The role of the CJEU in asylum and immigration'
21.-22. 5. 2019 Conference organized by the Council of Europe, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - 'The International Law Standards on the Protection of Internally Displaced Persons'
20.-30. 5. 2019 Conference 'The Power of International Courts', iCourts, Copenhagen, Denmark. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař - 'Judicialization of Judicial Politics by ECtHR'
10.-13. 5. 2019 Workshop on judiciaries and transitional justice, Bonavero Institute and Bingham Centre, Oxford, UK. (JUDI-ARCH)
Katarína Šipulová - 'Czech lustration of judges'
8.-11. 5. 2019 Conference at the University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - 'Responsibility to Protect in Theory and Practice conference'
26.-27. 4. 2019 University of Michigan Junior Scholars Conference, Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - 'Safe Zones as Humanitarian Intervention'
9. 4. 2019 Edinburgh-Glasgow International Law Workshop at the University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - 'Safe Zones and Refugee Law'
8.-11. 4. 2019 ECPR Joint Sessions of Workshops, Mons, Belgium. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař and Katarína Šipulová - 'Court-Packing Strategies'
5. 4. 2019 European Society of International Law (ESIL) 2019 Research Forum, Göttingen, Deutschland. (JUDI-ARCH)
Jan Petrov - 'Supranational Guardians of the Rule of Law? European Courts v. Populist Judicial Reforms'
29. 3. 2019 ICON-S Conference (CEE Chapter), Prague, Czechia. (JUDI-ARCH)
Katarína Šipulová - 'Role of Constitutional Courts in Democratization and their take on the Separation of Powers Principles'
12.-15. 3. 2019 Conference 'Putney Debates 2019', Oxford Foundation for Law, Justice and Society, London, UK. (JUDI-ARCH)
Katarína Šipulová - 'Judicial Independence in Visegrad 4 Countries'
8.-10. 1. 2019 Lecture at the University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Deutschland. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař - 'Beyond Judicial Councils'
15. 11. 2018 Conference 'Paying Pensions to the Conflict-Affected Persons in Ukraine: How to Exercise the Constitutional Right to Pension?', Kyiv, Ukraine.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - 'Internally Displaced Persons'
15.-18. 11. 2018 Lecture at the University of Oxford, Oxford, UK. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař - 'Court Presidents: The Missing Piece in the Puzzle of Judicial Self-Governance'
6.-12. 11. 2018 American Society of International Law Research Forum, UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
Bríd Ní Ghráinne - 'Safe Zones as Humanitarian Intervention'
25. 10. 2018 Workshop 'Rights Consciousness and Legal Cultures: Empirical Research Experiences', Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary. (JUDI-ARCH)
Nino Tsereteli - 'Informal Dimension of Judicial Self-Government in Georgia: Benefits and Challenges of Empirical Research'
18. 9. 2018 Conference 'Populist Constitutionalism', Prague, Czechia. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař - 'The Twin Challenge to Separation of Powers in Central Europe'
7.-8. 9. 2018 AHRI Conference 'Renewing Rights in Times of Transition: 70 Years of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights', Global Justice Academy - University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
Hubert Smekal and Katarína Šipulová - 'Beyond Compliance – Domestic Judicial Implementation of the International Human Rights Case Law'
6.-7. 9. 2018 Conference 'Law and Judicial Dialogue on the Return of Irregular Migrants from the European Union', Masaryk University, Brno, Czechia. (JUDI-ARCH)
Madalina Moraru - 'Risk of absconding as a ground for removal and detention: which objectivity?'
David Kosař and Adam Blisa - 'Scope and intensity of judicial review: which power for judges within the control of immigration detention?'
22.-25. 8. 2018 ECPR General Conference, Hamburg, Deutschland.
Katarína Šipulová and Hubert Smekal - 'Understanding Adoption of International Human Rights Treaties: Political Regimes and Modification of Compliance Control'
David Kosař - 'Beyond Compliance – Judicial Implementation of the Strasbourg Case Law'
25.-27. 6. 2018 Conference ICON-S 'Identity, Security, Democracy: Challenges for Public Law', The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař (co-authored with Samuel Spáč) - 'From Transmission Belts to (Semi)Autonomous Actors – Chief Justices in Slovakia'
7. 6. 2018 Law and Society Association, Toronto, Canada. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'The Rise of Judicial Self-Government: Forms and Rationales'
18.-19. 5. 2018 Conference 'The European Court of Human Rights in East-West Relations: Norms, Values and Legal Politics', Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia.
David Kosař – 'The European Convention on Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms in the Czech Republic: Determinants of Compliance Difficulties'
2.-3. 3. 2018 Conference 'Challenges for public law in modern regulatory states', University of Münster (WWU), Münster, Deutschland. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'Separation of Powers under Siege: Understanding Populism and the Rise of the Unelected in Central Europe'
26. 10. 2017 Lecture at the European University Institute, Florence, Italy.
David Kosař – 'Constitutional Identity of the Czech Republic'
5. 10. 2017 Roundtable 'Judicial governance bodies as agents of change', National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Ukraine.
David Kosař – 'Judicial councils in transitional justice countries'
13.-19. 9. 2017 Lecture at the New York University School of Law, New York, U.S. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'Populism and Separation of Powers'
6.-9. 9. 2017 ECPR General Conference, Oslo, Norway. (JUDI-ARCH)
Hubert Smekal – 'International Human Rights Case Law in Domestic High Politics'
Katarína Šipulová – 'Constitutional Courts as Catalysts of Democratization'
Hubert Smekal and Katarína Šipulová (co-authored with Jozef Janovský) – 'Political Regimes and Commitment Patterns'
5.-7. 7. 2017 Conference ICON-S 'Courts, Power and Public Law', University of Copenhagen and iCourts, Copenhague, Denmark. (JUDI-ARCH)
Katarína Šipulová – 'Slovakia: Democratic Backsliding and (Ab)use of Constitutional Identity: Slovakian Place in the Concept of Fundamental Constitutional Values of the European Union' and 'Externalities in Transitional Justice Decisions: The European Union and Transitional Justice Processes in Post-Communist Countries'
Simone Benvenuti – 'Images of judicial self-governance. A comparative and historical study of three main jurisdictions: France, United Kingdom, United States'
David Kosař – 'Constitutional Identity of the Czech Republic' and 'Transitional Justice in Regional Human Rights Courts and the Paradoxes of International Justice'
Jan Petrov – 'International Input to Domestic Implementation Mechanisms in the ECHR System'
20.-23. 6. 2017 International Meeting on Law and Society, Law and Society Association, New Mexico. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař (co-authored with Samuel Spáč) – 'From Transmission Belts to (Semi)Autonomous Actors - Chief Justices in the Czech Republic and Slovakia'
22. 5. 2017 Conference 'The Separation of Powers: A Global Constitutional Dialogue', American Society of Comparative Law a University of Milan, Milan, Italy. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'Liquid Separation of Powers in central Europe'
12.-13. 5. 2017 Conference for Junior Researchers at Stanford Law School, Standford, U.S.
Nino Tsereteli – 'Managing Legitimacy in Times of Change: the Evolution of Remedial Powers and Legitimacy Management Strategies of the European Court of Human Rights'
4.-5. 5. 2017 Workshop 'Judicial Resistance', Paris, France. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'How to Tame the Judiciary: Lessons from the Communist Czechoslovakia'
27. 4. 2017 AHRI conference 'The Promotion and Enforcement of Human Rights by International and Regional Organizations', Leuven, Belgium. (BeCom)
Katarína Šipulová, Jozef Janovský and Hubert Smekal – 'Understanding adoption of international human rights treaties: political regimes and commitment patterns'
21. 4. 2017 Conference 'Krize liberální demokracie v Evropě' [Crisis of Liberal Democracy in Europe], Prague, Czechia. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'Nástroje obrany liberální demokracie v Evropě' [Tools for the defence of liberal democracy in Europe]
6. 3. 2017 Lecture at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'Constitutional Identity in the Czech Republic: A New Twist on the Old Fashioned Idea?'
28. 2. 2017 Presentation of the paper, University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
David Kosař co-authored with Ladislav Vyhnánek – 'Constitutional Identity in the Czech Republic: A New Twist on the Old Fashioned Idea?'
22. 2. 2017 Workshop 'The role of the European Court of Human Rights in the Community of Final Interpreters', Barcelona, Spain.
Jan Petrov – 'Typology of Consitutional Courts' Roles in Implementation of the ECtHR's Case Law'
9.-10. 12. 2016 Conference 'How to Resolve the Crisis of Constitutional Democracy in Central Europe', Ljubljana, Slovenia. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'The Strasbourg Court Meets Abusive Constitutionalism: Baka v. Hungary'
1.-2. 12. 2016 Conference 'Limity transparentnej justície' [Limits of Transparent Justice] organized by Supreme Court of Slovak Republic, Bratislava, Slovakia.
Samuel Spáč – 'Ako môže súdnictvo profitovať z transparentnosti' [How the judiciary can benefit from transparency]
25. 11. 2016 Conference 'Mezinárodní lidskoprávní závazky' [International Human Rights Commitments], Brno, Czechia.
Hubert Smekal – 'Mezinárodní lidskoprávní závazky: teoretické reflexe' [International Human Rights Commitments: theoretical reflection]
11.-12. 11. 2016 ASIL Research Forum, Seattle, USA. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'Transitional Justice in Regional Human Rights Courts and the Paradoxes of International Justice'
2. 11. 2016 Lecture at the Bergen University, Bergen, Norway. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'Judicial Councils and the Future of Judicial Self-Government'
31. 10. 2016 Lecture at the Oslo University, Oslo, Norway. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'Future of Judicial Self-Government: Dilemmas and Challenges'
25.-26. 10. 2016 Conference on the Occasion of the 20th Anniversary of the Establishment of the Czech Senate, Prague, Czechia. (JUDI-ARCH)
David Kosař – 'Výběr soudců Ústavního soudu'
9. 9. 2016 ECPR General Conference, Prague, Czechia. (BeCom)
David Kosař – 'Politics of Judicial Independence in Czechia: Bargaining in the Shadow of the Law between Court Presidents and the Ministry of Justice'
Katarína Šipulová and Hubertem Smekalem – 'Referencing International HR Law by Constitutional Courts'
8. 9. 2016 ESIL 12th Annual Conference, Riga, Latvia. (BeCom)
David Kosař – 'European Human Rights Architecture: The Crucial Role of the Domestic Level and the Constitutional Courts in Particular'
2. 9. 2016 AHRI Conference, Utrecht, Netherlands. (BeCom)
Katarína Šipulová and Hubert Smekal – 'Referencing International HR Law by Constitutional Courts'